Hart Petroleum Services and Installs
Heating & Cooling Equipment
When we say we have the best service on Long Island, we mean it. We've spent more than 25 years perfecting the things that really make a difference to our Nassau and Suffolk County customers. Our approach to service is simple: we try to be problem preventers, rather than just problem solvers.
We get to the "Hart" of your comfort:
- We perform your annual tune-ups with the most advanced equipment available, and we take the time to do things right. We test your home comfort equipment to make sure it operates at maximum efficiency, which saves you money on your energy bills every year.
- We have more technicians per customer than most heating and cooling companies in the area. We get to our customers quickly and we don't leave a job incomplete to rush off to another customer.
- Our technicians regularly attend training classes to keep up with the latest heating and cooling technology. When our service technicians answer your call, they're prepared to solve even the most complicated problem.
- Our service trucks carry a wide variety of inventory to ensure that we can fix most problems in one visit to your home. This way, it's unlikely that you'll have to take time off from work for to be at home for a second service call.
- We provide 24-hour emergency service, 7 days a week for heating and cooling repairs, furnace repairs, radiator repairs or anything else you may be concerned with.
Did you know the average heating system runs 2,000 hours during a typical winter, and air air conditioners are sometimes pushed even harder in the summer? Regular tune-ups keep your system running at peak efficiency, drastically cut your annual energy bills and help prevent inconvenient breakdowns.
Believe it or not, the best time to get a heating equipment tune-up is during the off-season. The best time is during the off-season. Why? Because it's our slowest time.
Not only will you be able to get a convenient appointment; if we do find a problem, you won't run the risk of having to go without heat while we get it fixed.On the other hand, if you wait until fall or winter to call for a tune-up, the demands of the heating season may make it difficult for us to accommodate your request right away.
The opposite holds true for cooling system tune-ups. Schedule your air conditioning tune-up during the winter, when our cooling technicians are most available, to ensure that your system is ready for the summer.
If you're not using automatic oil delivery, you're missing out!
Automatic delivery helps prevent run-outs. It's easy, convenient ... and FREE!
When you're on automatic oil delivery, we manage your oil delivery so you don't have to. You'll have one less thing to worry about! Because automatic delivery keeps you on our "radar screen," we can be proactive and get fuel in your tank in plenty of time if a big storm is on the way or a supply bottleneck is developing.
If you're not on automatic delivery and call in your order instead, your delivery usually arrives within two or three business days. It may take longer in the case of severe weather or under hazardous road conditions, and that also increases the chance of a run-out.
Here's how automatic delivery works.
We use a sophisticated computerized system that monitors the weather and keeps track of your fuel use. This lets us know exactly when to schedule your oil delivery so you always have oil when you need it. When you sign up for automatic delivery, you'll enjoy a worry-free fuel supply.
Keep us in the loop.
If you're on automatic delivery now and your heating requirements change, please let us know
. For example, if there's a new baby in your home, or if remodeling has increased your home's size, we need to know so we can adjust the timing of your deliveries to reflect your increased, or decreased, need for fuel.
[ back to top ]
24-Hour Emergency Service
As a Hart Petroleum customer, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that our service team will respond quickly at any time of day or night in the event of an emergency.
If your heating or cooling system stops running or you think you might need a heating or cooling repair, just give us a call and we'll be ready to help.
What's an "Emergency"?
A Hart Petroleum customer with one or more of the following problems has an emergency:
If you have an emergency situation, call us at (631) 667-3200.
- No heat (try the Quick Fixes below)
- No hot water
- No air conditioning during a heat wave
- Burst pipes or flooding
- A fuel leak
- Soot, smoke or fumes
(DO NOT send us an email!)
Potential Quick Fixes for Lack of Heat
If you don't have heat, you may be able to fix the problem yourself and save time. Try these steps before you call us, and you may get your heat back immediately:
If your burner still fails to operate, call Hart Petroleum for service: (631) 667-3200.
[ back to top ]
- Make sure that the oil burner emergency switch is in the "ON" position.
- Set the thermostat above room temperature.
- Check the fuel level gauge on your tank to be sure that the tank contains fuel.
- Press the reset button once only. If the oil burner does not start immediately, do not press the button again.
- If the oil burner or oil furnace does not run at all, check for a blown or loose fuse or a tripped circuit breaker.
- If you have a steam heating system, check the water level and refill the boiler if needed.
Equipment Sales and Installation
Our trained, certified technicians install high-efficiency boilers, warm air furnaces, oil burners, water heaters, oil storage tanks, central air conditioning systems, ductless mini-split air conditioners, and comfort system accessories like programmable thermostats and low temperature monitors.
Heating and air conditioning equipment is constantly evolving as new technologies are introduced that deliver superior comfort while using less energy. And our expert technicians stay on top of their game to bring you the latest high-efficiency systems. They'll also install your new equipment in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications, so you get the best performance from your new investment.
Ask us about our equipment financing!
[ back to top ]
Our ENERGY STAR®-rated air conditioning systems help Long Islanders stay cool throughout the summer without breaking the bank. While upgrading to a high-efficiency cooling system will lead to immediate savings via lower utility bills, customers see additional savings through manufacturer rebates. We also offer air conditioning tune-ups and service plans, which maximize your cooling system's efficiency and performance capacity while extending equipment life.
Click here for more information on Hart Air Conditioning services.
[ back to top ]
We install underground oil tanks as well as indoor and outdoor aboveground oil tanks. New underground oil tanks are made from corrosion-resistant steel and fiberglass that improve safety and extend tank life, and adds value to your home. The latest aboveground oil tanks take up very little space in your basement, crawl space or utility room. We also offer attractive outdoor oil tank enclosures to match your home's siding. These watertight enclosures protect your tank against the elements, ensure long life, and provide secondary containment in the event of an oil release. Read more
about our oil tanks.
[ back to top ]
Oil leaks are unusual but most occur in older steel oil tanks. It is very difficult to know when an oil tank needs to be replaced because tanks corrode from the inside out. We offer a program for aboveground and basement oil tanks to eliminate your worries.
Hart Petroleum is an exclusive provider of the TankSure program for aboveground and basement tanks. TankSure provides the following:
[ back to top ]
- An annual ultrasonic test (approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) that checks the thickness of your tank's walls.
- A $1,000 replacement warranty. If we detect a problem, we immediately notify you with a recommendation to replace your oil tank before you have an expensive problem on your hands.
- A tank inspection certificate that documents your annual test and inspection. This may entitle you to a discount on your homeowner's insurance, and if at some time you decide to sell your home, the certificate can make a sale easier.
We proudly service the following areas on Long Island: Albertson, Amityville, Aquebogue, Atlantic Beach, Babylon, Baldwin, Bay Shore, Bayport, Bayville, Bellerose Terrace, Bellmore, Bellport, Bethpage, Blue Point, Bohemia, Brentwood, Brightwaters, Brookhaven, Calverton, Carle Place, Cedarhurst, Center Moriches, Centereach, Centerport, Central Islip, Cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Commack, Copiague, Coram, Deer Park, East Islip, East Meadow, East Moriches, East Northport, East Norwich, East Patchogue, East Rockaway, East Setauket, Eastport, Elmont, Farmingdale, Farmingville, Floral Park, Franklin Square, Freeport, Garden City, Glen Cove, Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, Great Neck, Great River, Greenlawn, Greenvale, Hauppauge, Hempstead, Hewlett, Hicksville, Holbrook, Holtsville, Huntington Station, Huntington, Inwood, Island Park, Islandia, Islip Terrace, Islip, Jamesport, Jericho, Kings Park, Kings Point, Lake Grove, Laurel, Lawrence, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Lloyd Harbor, Locust Valley, Long Beach, Lynbrook, Malverne, Manhasset, Manorville, Massapequa Park, Massapequa, Mastic Beach, Mastic, Medford, Melville, Merrick, Middle Island, Mill Neck, Miller Place, Mineola, Moriches, Mount Sinai, Nesconset, New Hyde Park, North Amityville, North Babylon, North Lynbrook, North New Hyde Park, North Patchogue, North Valley Stream, North Woodmere, Northport, Oakdale, Ocean Beach, Oceanside, Old Bethpage, Old Westbury, Oyster Bay, Patchogue, Plainview, Point Lookout, Port Jefferson Station, Port Jefferson, Port Washington, Ridge, Riverhead, Rockville Centre, Rocky Point, Ronkonkoma, Roosevelt, Roslyn Heights, Roslyn, Saint James, Sayville, Sea Cliff, Seaford, Selden, Shirley, Shoreham, Smithtown, Sound Beach, South Hempstead, South Jamesport, Stony Brook, Syosset, Uniondale, Upton, Valley Stream, Wading River, Wantagh, West Babylon, West Hempstead, West Islip, West Sayville, Westbury, Williston Park, Woodbury, Woodmere, Wyandanch, and Yaphank